Organizations today are challenged with constant changes. With Enterprise Content Management (ECM) systems being one of key components in an enterprise IT infrastructure, the need to deploy and maintain the latest stable releases of ECM is a constant process. Customers rely on ECM systems like IBM FileNet to manage their system of records and regulated content. These system owners are faced with constant changes both on the software releases, as well as on the application development deployments and maintenance. A need therefore arises for customers to put together a comprehensive DevOps methodology and tools in place to manage ECM system deployments.
With maturity in the DevOps technologies and tools, including cloud based products ECM systems can now be managed and maintained with less human intervention.
MITS has developed ECM Asset Manager (EAM) based on Open Source DevOps tools to address these challenges. Over the years, MTIS has developed and deployed numerous ECM solutions for customers across the globe. This vast experience has resulted in EAM that address the following:
- Streamline creation of new ECM applications
- Promote ECM applications between different environments
- Perform continuous integration of ECM application modules
- Automatically build and deploy ECM application modules
- Perform automated testing of ECM applications
- Automate process of upgradation and migration
MITS EAM therefore enforces and maintains SDLC standard with more automation and less human intervention. It can also track and manage ECM application components using industry standard repositories both on-premise or on the cloud.
EAM provides an automated approach for continuous ECM solution delivery with the following features
- Developers – Perform Continuous Integration of ECM application modules
- Build Engineers – can do automated build of ECM components
- QA Technicians – can perform automated testing of ECM applications
- Release Managers can perform continuous deployment of ECM modules, and
- IT Managers can monitor and track the ECM application assets and their stability
An IT team involved in build and maintenance of ECM solutions can benefit greatly with a solution like EAM
- The build and deployment will be a repetitive process based on a K.I.S.S. design principle
- The project owners can plan and execute an iterative, incremental, collaborative, rapid and flexible application development life-cycle leveraging agile methodology
- The improved SDLC process therefore results in
- Automated builds
- Automated testing
- Transparency on application development
- Continuous feedback assisting in early defect detection and fixing
- Better metrics for increased visibility to management
MITS has been helping numerous organizations across the globe in development and maintenance of their ECM systems with the EAM solution. These organizations rely on the expertise and experience of MITS not just to develop new solutions but also to maintain and operate these solutions at near zero downtime thus resulting in huge savings for an IT management.