Electronic VISA System (ELVIS)
Electronic VISA System (ELVIS)
About the Client:
VFS Global is the world’s largest outsourcing and technology services specialist for diplomatic missions and governments worldwide. The company manages visa and passport issuance-related administrative and non-judgmental tasks for its client governments.
The company’s highly differentiated solutions portfolio includes dedicated visa and passport application centers, information services (call centers), web based modules (for appointment scheduling and online payment collection), biometrics (data capture and transfer), verification/legalization/attestation, translation, overseas citizenship, logistics solutions and project management, database management, security solutions, financial solutions, etc. This broad scope enables missions to focus entirely on the primary task of assessment and interviews.
Remote Visa Processing Centre (RVPC) has been established in Kouvola, Finland by Finnish Ministry of Foreign Affairs which takes part of Visa Application load currently handled by Consulate General Finland in St. Petersburg, Russia. RVPC processes the visa applications based on edockets.
A new application (ELVIS) to host and manage eDockets is being developed and visa officers at RVPC and Consulate works on this application in conjunction with SUVI (Finnish National Visa System) to make decisions.
The objectives were to:
- To provide advanced scanning and imaging solution for the documents with using Datacap
- Quick Indexing solutions using ICR and OCR features of Datacap
- Enhancing the multiple documents processing in short time using Multithreaded features of Datacap
- To automate Processing of applications using IBM Datacap and IBM FileNet BPM. This helps to process the applications in very short time span.
- Role based applications processing with effective security
- Multiple users can access the application at the same time
- Provision for the application user to track the history of actions performed using the Audit functionality.
- Can track the application status any time with the advanced search features
- Provide Hierarchy of users for easy access of application at all levels of verification.
- Provide transfer of control among the authenticated users.
- Provision to reprocess the already completed/terminated eDocket through Re-Open functionality.
- Provide multi language support to the application.
- Provision to track the unprocessed eDockets using “Watch list” functionality.
- Provision to process the eDockets irrespective of the ownership using “OthersWIP” functionality.
- Provision to Delete the unwanted applications in a eDocket
- rovide Email triggering functionality based on the required actions.
- Reporting functionality to display the status of the application lying with different users and TAT calculations
Processing of the VISA applications were handled by The Consulate General Finland in St. Petersburg, Russia using a centralised system.In existing system there is no automation to process the Visa applications. Due to this processing of applications time is more and it is leading to delay in application processing and not able to meet the required TAT.
The new solution through ELVIS application enhanced the application processing time seamlessly to improve the TAT. With this solution users are able to process the applications in time. Tracking of the application status is made easy with single click. Provision to view all the documents in on single window helping users to validate the data at one view. Well-furnished statistical reports helping users to take the appropriate decisions at right time to improve the processing time further.
The User profile management implemented provides the flexibility to assign the roles and to define security to restrict the access of the application to the respective roles only. This is implemented on top of the FileNet native security credentials.
Customer Team Involvement Areas:
- BRD preparation
- UAT execution
- PROD rollout
MITS Team involvement:
- Translate BRD to Functional Specifications
- Analysis &Design
- System Testing
- System Integration Testing
- Performance / Load Testing
- Onsite UAT Support
- Onsite PROD rollout Support
- Post Production Support
- Project Delivery Management
Phase1 – rollout – (Aug ’12 – Sept ’12)
Phase2 –rollout – (Sept ’12 – Feb ’13)
Phase3 –rollout – (Feb ’13 – May ’13)
Phase 4 – rollout – (Sept ’13 – Dec’13)
Phase 5 – rollout – (Jan’14 – Feb’14)
Number of resources deployed
Phase1 – 19 (Onsite-4& Offshore-15)
Phase2 – 28 (Onsite-6& Offshore-22)
Phase3 – 16 (Onsite-6 & Offshore-10)
Phase4 – 15 (Onsite-3 & Offshore-12)
Phase5 – 15 (Onsite-3 & Offshore-12)
Onsite locations – Mumbai
IBM Content Engine 5.1, IBM Datacap 18.104.22.168, ASP .Net 3.5,JQuery,OAuth 2.0,Struts 2 with JQuery Plug-in, JSTL, Rest Services, Spring 3.0,Ldap API,OSWAP API, CSS, apache log4j,ibatis,FileNet 5.0,Json, Ajax, ESAPI, SQL Server 2008 R2,Tiles,Apache Wink, Windows Communication Foundation services (WCF Services), Windows Service.
Benefits of the solution:
- Automation of the Application processing through well-defined workflows
- Improvement in VISA application processing time
- With manual process around 40% of applications were processed. With the new solution around 300% improvement in application processing.
- Application processing cost is reduced.
- Maintenance cost has been drastically reduced.
- Quick and easy Indexing through OCR features of the Datacap.
- Quality color image processing, Photo and signature cropping.
- Detailed reporting functionality to track document processing statistics.
- For best turnaround time leveraged Multi – thread task master client (Quattro threads).
- Thick client application able to handle 200 + users in peak business hours.
- Enabled scanner interface for scanning documents from network scanner / direct scanner.
- Enabled manual archiving function.
- Automatic document transmission to content engine (Enabled Quattro background thread in Datacap)
- Application based and user based security enabled.
- Quick PDF generation using Windows service and transferring files to CE.
- Photo cropping as per MISSION standards.
- SUVI XML files generation with user information including biometrics.
- REST service interface as per NETVIS standards, to fetch passport applicant information from external java clients.
- Automated reconciliation process. Reconciliation process includes Passport ZIP files moving between serves with automated services, END – END file tracking reports.
Deployment Architecture: (ELVIS)
Deployment Architecture: (Datacap)